CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Recipe




It's been a while since I have posted so I thought today would be a good day to do that as I am not feeling so hot and the boys and I are just hanging out at home today. Logan has had a cold for over a week now and I feel as though I may be getting it. I think I will head to the store today and get some airborne to maybe stop the cold thing. So as many of you know I struggle with Logan because he is such a picky eater! My mother-in-law gave me the cookbook Deceptively Delicious in hopes that maybe I could hide things and then Logan would eat it. It actually has some pretty good recipe's and I tried a new one yesterday that was a hit! Logan actually ate cauliflower and he did not even know it(he, he)! I made this Banana Bread and he kept asking for more and more pieces. It actually did taste real good and it was so easy to make. I will include the recipe and maybe you all might want to try it.
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional) I added this
1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 cup banana puree
1/2 cup cauliflower puree
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat 9x5 in loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with cooking spray.
2. Mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In another bowl mix sugar and oil until well combined. Mix in the egg whites, banana, and cauliflower, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake until toothpick comes out clean. 55-60 min for large loaf, 25-30 min for mini loaves. Let stand and rack for 5 min, then turn the bread out of pan and cool before serving.
Hope you are all having a good week and staying away from all the sickness that is going around.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Rock on girl ... I love that cookbook ... good for you :-)

Anonymous said...

Yum, that sounds great and who knew cauliflower would be good in banana bread! Can't wait to see you soon!

Melinda said...

Try the puffy cheese cups--HUGE hit with my kids!

Brandy said...

OMGosh I have really wanted to try that book! I already do puree stuff in some of our food but I am totally out of ideas. I put pureed spinach, carrots, peas, any veggie really, in spaghetti sauce. It is so good. I should try that book.

Saw Michael this morning at church. The boys and I stopped to see Brent and Tam and he was there. I wanted to chat with him more but Dylan had to pee and when we got back he was gone. lol

I should call you soon. We're hopefully leaving mid march, end of march at the latest...we hope!

Anonymous said...

mmm sounds good.