CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Beach Trip

So, Michael and I had a wonderful time at the coast. I wanted to get someone to take our picture but I did not think it would be right to ask someone to get out of their car in the rain that was blowing sideways because I wanted a picture for my blog. Anyway, we dropped the boys off Friday morning at our dear friend Kelly's. As many of you know since I do not have my mom and Michael's mom is not able to take care of the boys we are so blessed to have a "Grandma" figure that helps us out and just loves spending time with the boys. It feels so good to have someone like her because I do not worry one bit when they are in her care, since she has raised two boys of her own! We got our coffee's and headed down the road in peace and quiet. It really is amazing how quiet it really is when your little one's are not in the car. Sometimes it is hard to find something to talk about because we are so used to having the boys around. But we have both decided that it is ok to just have some silence because sometimes it is much needed. Don't get me wrong we did talk we just did not feel like we had to be doing it all the time. We arrived at Ireland's Rustic Lodges about 2:30. Michael and I have been married almost 10 years and we have been going to Ireland's since then. It is nothing fancy but very pretty gardens and the rooms are cozy with a fireplace and a great view of the ocean. It was nap time because when do you get to say "I think that I will take a nap" in the middle of the day when you have kids, rarely! We got up from our nap and headed to the pier where we got some chowder for dinner and then headed back and watched a movie. We headed for bed and actually slept in until 8:30. It felt so good to just lazily get up and then head out for a good breakfast and then it was back on the road. It is always so good to get away just the two of us because I so forget when I am doing the daily stuff around the house and the stuff with the boys how much I truly love Michael, and not that I don't have fun when we are doing things as a family but when you have time without the kids it really reminds me that we do have fun together and we can just relax and enjoy each others company, you know like we all used to do before kiddos! It is also good for the boys to be away from us and enjoy other people's company. My Mom and Dad were always such a good example of this to me because when I was just little they would regularly leave me, and then when my sisters came along them also, with my Nana and Grandad and would go away even if it was just for one night. They were able to connect with each other and we got that special time with my grandparents. It is so cute because whenever I tell my Dad that Michael and I are going away he gets a little teary and is so excited that we are doing that. Anyway, don't mean to get all mushy just thought I would share about our time. So, now it is Monday and back to reality. I have already been at So Or Pediatrics this morning because Logan woke up screaming that his ear hurt. He has tubes so a little while later fluid started coming out. We will start drops and hopefully it will all clear up. Have a blessed week everyone.

4 comments:

Christy. said...

I'm glad you had fun! I am looking forward to our night away this weekend! :0)

Tam said...

That is so great girl! It is vital to get away like that. B and I don't get to that often. Hopefully that will change here in the near future!

I think that is so sweet your dad weeps like that for you guys! Melts my heart!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm so happy that you and Michael had that time! It's so, so important and it does help you remember the man you fell in love with before we all had our wonderful families. I'm so sorry about Logan. Are YOU feeling ok today? I've been praying for you today and thinking of you.

Brandy said...

Ah I love this post! :D

Jake and I always go to the coast too. It's our favorite place. And one of my favorite things to do with him is NOT talk. haha! We always like that we don't HAVE to be talking. I love when you can just be quiet with someone. It's special I think.

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm jealous of that nap! haha!