CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

My Sweet Luke

I am finally able to sit down and blog! The whole family has had the stomach flu and let's just say I am so done with washing sheets, towels, and Jammie's that have been barfed on. Luke started last Sunday night, then Logan early Monday morning, then Michael Monday afternoon and I thought that I escaped it but just this last Saturday I was in bed all day with it! So, I believe that we are all better and I will stay clear of the gym and such this week because I do not want any crud before Easter and Logan's Birthday which is Wednesday. We also finally have some answers about Luke. Dr Selden up in Portland wants to have an MRI done and then see him. It looks like we will have the MRI and appointment on April 16. Not necessarily the news that we wanted to hear but we are glad that they are taking every precaution just in case. So, I do feel better that we have an appointment and I got my questions answered today about the MRI. It is what's called a quick MRI so Luke will not have to be put under and will only be in the machine for 5 minutes. So, that was a lot better than I thought. I still am having to redirect my thoughts though towards my Lord so that I will not worry. Before bed last night I was really struggling and I pulled out an e-mail that a dear friend sent. It was talking about fear and referred to the verse in 2nd Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and love, and of sound mind." The devotion part was specifically talking about the fear that we have about our children. I know that this is a time that I need to totally depend on the Lord with my fears and worries. He is in control and he will not give me more than I can handle. Thank you my friends for your prayers and words of encouragement! Please continue to pray that all will be fine with Luke and that I will not spend the next 3 weeks with a stomach ache! God bless you all and have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm praying for you all and with you, too! Happy Birthday to Logan tomorrow--big 4 year old boy! Hugs to you, friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Logan and I will be praying for the MRI!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for trusting our Lord in this ... I will pray that you can apply the words to your heart and that the enemy is bound from your tummy :-)