CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Anniversary Tribute



As many of you know, my mom passed away 5 years ago but today would of been my parents 35 year wedding anniversary. Oh, how I wish she was still here to celebrate that special day with my dad. My parents were such a wonderful example to me of what a godly marriage looks like. They created a wonderful home for my sisters and I and loved each other through all the ups and downs. My mom became a christian before my dad and went through many rough years before he turned to Christ, but she was so faithful to never stop praying for him and finally her prayers were answered and my dad accepted the Lord. There love for each other was amazing and although as a teenager I thought the smooching and dancing together in the kitchen was gross, I now look back and am so glad they showed us their love for each other. My dad's unconditional love for my mom when she was sick was amazing to see. He truly showed us all what it means to love in "sickness and in health!" Never did he complain about any of it, from the cleaning to the cooking to pretty much living at hospitals and doctor's offices, he stuck to her like glue! Michael and I were at a marriage conference this weekend and had a wonderful time. We learned a lot from the conference but I also couldn't help thinking about my parents since it was there anniversary. They have also taught me so much through there example that I have brought into my marriage. My mom loved and respected my dad so much and I want to be that for Michael. I love you dad and pray that the Lord blesses you today as you think about your bride that you wed 35 years ago!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, what a sweet and touching tribute to your parents. Their love is evident in what I've heard about them and what you've written. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

I hope the weekend was wonderful for you and Michael!

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

What an example to have! When marriage is done right, it is such a joy to watch & be around (does that make any sense??) :)
I have grandparents that sound like your parents - I absolutely LOVE spending time w/ them!
Thank you so much for sharing this special day with us!

Brandy said...

This was a great post! I had a smile the whole way through it! :D

Kim said...

It is your stories about your parents that cause me to think about things in my own marriage. It is amazing how a good example of a happy marriage influences your own children but other families, too.

How happy they must have been!