CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Quietness

This morning my sweet husband awoke with the boys and allowed me to stay in bed! What a wonderful guy he is. :) They are out having breakfast together and then have a bunch of errands to run. It is so rare to be in the house all by myself! I fixed myself some breakfast and coffee and sat down and ate in peace while reading my Bible. This week has been sort of rough as I have not felt very good and let's just say the 2 year old is really pushing. I love my boys so dearly and even just having them gone for 1 hour so far makes me sit back and realize how great that I do have it. I get hard on myself every once in a while and think that I am not doing a good job with the boys. I know that it is just satan trying to get me and I also know that for me it is also a reminder that I need to be spending more time with my Lord so that HE can help me. Today I was reading in Proverbs, "Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3 Thanks for the reminder Lord, I need to commit my work (raising my children) to Him and that is all that I need to succeed! I am off now to do some organizing of the boys rooms while they are not here, a much easier task without them underfoot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sara! great post. i struggle with not feelin' like a great mom too...like weekly. but what a good reminder to commit our wrk to HIM. i like how you didn't used caps on the word satan. i rarely use them anyway, but intentionally not on that name, the name "below" all names :)

hey, i was in p-town during halloween and ran into christy at southlake when i was pickin' up my lil one! we chatted & i told her to tell you hi 4 me! hope all is well w/y'all!! you're lookin' great.

Christy. said...

2 months without a post? I think you should post our cute kids from Christmas....